Friday, July 29, 2011

summer...

Today I've spent a blissful few hours sorting through all my summery photos from the weekend, doing my best to edit them down to the very best ones and my most favourite. Such a tough job when you have a snap happy trigger finger and an eye that can see potential in almost every photo! I think I've done okay though...
Of the fifty I took I narrowed it down to around fifteen for my Flickr pages, then four for yesterday's post and another five for today. Honestly, that is really good going for me! It's been such a good exercise in learning to edit more and stop being so obsessive. Although I do like to have lots of images to choose from in the first place, because sometimes you capture wee details that you didn't know were there, so I don't think I will be trying to tame that snap happy trigger finger any time soon!
Anyhoo, these are my favourites of my grass seed macro shots. Almost all of the seed heads had this lovely pinkish purple shade to them which created a really soft haze that floated above the bright green grasses... so pretty!

 height=  height=  height= playing with my great new filter that gives such a fabby retro vibe

While I was snapping away on that hot sunny day I discovered a great new instant filter to give some of pictures a fabulous retro vibe, see the with and without snippets above. No need for fancy Holga, Lomo or Polaroid kit and don't even mention Instagram! Nope, my wee technique is so much simpler than that and a bargain because I picked it up a few years ago for a few quid in a sale...

my wee man... fabby retro style!

Yes, of course it was my sunglasses... ;) I just held them right in front of the lens 'et voila' groovy, funky retro pictures of a wee pup who looks like has has just stepped out of the seventies! I must confess I did a wee bit of tweaking to lighten this up and add the all important rounded corners too, but I am completely in love with the finished effect ~ that dreamy sense of nostalgia that reminds you of endless childhood summers when every day was hot and filled with fun... :)

Yes, I shall definitely be printing this wee picture for framing and I'll definitely be playing with this lovely idea again... :)
Emma, x

No comments:

Post a Comment