Thursday, July 21, 2011

etsy faves : Red or Gray Art...

Hello my lovelies... !

I'm really excited about sharing this Etsy fave with you today. Since the very moment I discovered the blog Red or Gray, many moons ago I might add, I have been completely smitten with Elaine Kean's beautiful minimalist work. Everything from her simple bird mobiles and garlands, to her collaged cards and twine wrapped stones. I am constantly mesmerised by her elegant use of simple textures and patterns, paper and fabric, meaningful words and phrases alongside beautiful natural elements such as stones and twigs.

a new shelf arrangement with a wee bit of pink

I regularly stop by Elaine's Etsy shop, Red or Gray Art, to see what is newly available looking for the perfect piece that would have meaning for me... and not too long ago I found it, yay! On a day when I needed desperately needed something to cheer me up I stopped by her shop with a wee bit of hope and lo and behold there it was! This wee woodblock with her signature bird in the prettiest pink floral vintage fabric and the words 'face life with a song'... I was completely stopped in my tracks, absolutely everything about this wee piece of art was perfect for me. After I had a wee 'moment' I gathered myself together and invited this wee bird to come and live in my studio... :)

face life with a song by Red or Gray Art

Elaine was so kind as to fill my parcel with a few other wee treats including the piece of fabric the woodblock bird was cut from and one of her gorgeous red 'faithful' birds... I have a wee project planned for this snippet of fabric but I am going to save that for the next time I feel I need a wee bit of cheer in my day... :)

beautiful gifts from Red or Gray Art faithful by Red or Gray Art

Please do take a moment to visit Elaine's Etsy shop and lovely blog, where you can find out about her simple bird project... my wee woodblock is no.24 in the series and on Monday I featured no.27 in my cobalt blue collection... :)

Wishing you all a cheerful day,
Emma, x

No comments:

Post a Comment