Thursday, July 7, 2011

eeek... !

I have some super exciting news to share with you guys today... one of my lovely ladies is in the newest edition of Vogue!!! I know, I know... so exciting!!! I got a wee e-mail a few weeks ago asking if I would like to have my work featured on one of their glossy pages... hmmm, let me think... Yeah!!!

Vogue, August 2011

Ahem... Don't get me wrong, this was no invitation to use my cushions as props in a photo shoot with Kate Moss draping her perfect body all across them... No. This was a lovely invitation to be included in their advertorial section, on a page titled 'Vogue's Vintage Collection...'

Vogue's Vintage Collection...

It features a handpicked collection of boutiques and designer makers whose pieces are inspired by all things retro, vintage and shabby chic. Absolutely perfect for me and my lovely ladies then... ! No.6 up there is my lovely Miss Esme... eeek! ...and this is my name in Vogue... double eeek!!!

My name in print, in Vogue... !

I can't tell you how excited I was when the magazine dropped through my letterbox yesterday morning... a wee bit anxious too, I must admit! I have never done an ad on this scale before, because my budget is so limited, so I have no idea what will come of it... But being in business is all about taking risks and trying things that might not work, right!? Surely being featured in the limited interiors section of one of the largest fashion magazines in the country is worth such a risk!? Surely out of their 1.1million readership someone is in desperate need of some granny chic goodness or a lovely flowery garland to adorn their abode!? I am keeping my fingers tightly crossed that it is and that there is hopefully more than one such person... !

Well my lovelies my weekend starts here as my man has a few days off work and we have a big family 'do' to attend today... So I shall wish you guys the most wonderful one too and I'll catch up with you all next week... :)
Emma, x

No comments:

Post a Comment