Friday, July 29, 2011

colour palette : peachy keen...

colour palette : peachy keen...

Image credits, clockwise from top left : 1. Ink Whimsy, 2. White Wonder, 3. Ameelia Bedelia, 4. kiamichi7, 5. New Ivy Style

I don't know about you guys, but whenever I put together one of these pastel themed colour palettes I can't help but think of ice cream flavours!? These lovely peach and mint finds from Etsy are making me think about just that... delicious peach flavoured ice cream sprinkled with mint infused sugar, yum! Oh, and if said creamy desert was featured on one of those fancy foodie blogs I can totally picture it being topped with some tiny, edible gold leaf leaves... just like this gorgeous musical tree from White Wonder, how yummy would that be... !?

I am also thinking these peachy perfect finds would make the sweetest summer vignette for a bare shelf. You could gather together all the wee items on a snippet of vintage linen fabric, lean the wee notebook against the wall and add a fragrant mint plant to the basket. Then you could pin Ivy's lovely paper garland to the wall and drape it casually by your wee collection. I'd also be tempted to use lovely Ivy's idea of adding the pin to a lovely white frame and draping her garland from that... :) Of course that's just me thinking in black and white as I don't have a peachy collection to decorate my own wee shelf right at this moment... ;)

Wishing you all a fabulous weekend filled with lots of ice cream in your most favourite flavour, mine will be peanut butter please... !
Emma, x

1 comment: