Sunday, November 28, 2010

a flea market find


Ada is into Super Heroes. I'm not sure how this came about because it's not something Andrew or I talk about and she's never watched commercial television (we like to avoid ads). But, somewhere in her short little life she has developed a fondness for Batman and Superman. I was particularly tickled to find this 1960's Batman poster from the market on the weekend for a very tiny sum. It's quite large (110cm x 90cm) and a bit banged up and has been pinned on a wall for the last 40+ years but it has loads of character, is beautifully screen printed and has a real pop art vibe with all the shading made up of lots of tiny dots. Iv'e had to undertake a bit of minor restoration and will probably need to get it linen backed if I want it to last but I think it's a worthy cause. the only problem now is that I want it in the living room and Ada wants it in her bedroom.....hmmm

For more adventures in thrifting pop over to Her Library Adventures.





No comments:

Post a Comment