Friday, November 20, 2009

weekend inspiration and a touch of 'glee'...

...i think a wee pick me up, with some weekend inspiration from flickr, is the perfect way to round off the week. somehow i always find a few minutes for browsing flickr, updating groups and adding lots of pretty pics to my favourites, but it's been a wee while since i've been able to indulge myself by playing with the mosaic maker. today i have treated myself to just that and looking through my favourites i found these lovelies...

...1. Faire Houre ~ decor8, 2. a 'cluster of glee'... ~ dottie angel, 3. Untitled ~ *piou*, 4. Untitled ~ lobster and swan, 5. Untitled ~ sandra juto, 6. _MG_9158 ~ simplygrove, 7. more soft trees! ~ the purl bee, 8. Untitled ~ hrsmithjones, 9. around the house ~ super ninon...

...i think my favourite colour combination has to be these non-colours (cream, white, grey, beige and black) with lovely snippets of red, olive, mustard, teal and orange. i can't help combining them in my crochet work and i love seeing them being applied so beautifully in these pics...

...and especially in this gorgeous festive door ornament that miss Tif (aka ~ dottie angel) posted on her blog yesterday as part of her 'week of glee'. miss Tif was also lovely enough to tell all of how she made this 'cluster of glee' in her post...

...if i can find a few odd balls of yarn that i'm willing to part with i shall definitely be adding a wee bit of festive, granny chic 'glee' to my studio...

...have a fabulous weekend everyone!
emma
x

ps ~ thank you to the lovely Lucy (of Attic24) for metioning me in her granny chic post, and a warm welcome to all the new faces who have stopped by my wee corner of blogland in the last few days, it's really lovely to meet you all... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment