Thursday, November 19, 2009

Turning Crayons into Crayon Shapes

IMG_8155

I know this project has been done like a thousand times BUT I have never done this. Max has been feeling a little under the weather, so I thought this might keep him calm for like 5 minutes or so. It worked!

Now, I bought new boxes of crayons. Yes, don't judge, it was just easier.  Since, Max has never liked crayons or art or drawing or crafting, I don't have used crayons laying around my house. Hence the new.  I also bought this "cookie" pan from Walmart.  I wanted Christmas shapes.

Basically this is the craft in a nut shell:
1. Peel paper off crayons. Why this was hard, I don't know. Maybe it was my cheap-o crayons but the paper was hard to peel off. Like 5 year old hard.
IMG_8152

2. Break crayons into small pieces.
IMG_8153

3. Spray cookie sheet/muffin tin with cooking spray. This is the label from the pan I bought at Walmart.
IMG_8145

4. Place broken crayon 3/4 full into cookie sheet spaces or muffin tins.
IMG_8154

5. It looks better if you place red-orange-pink-yellow together and blue-green-purple together. Otherwise, the colors can run together and make brown.
6. Preheat oven to 350 and cook for about 8 minutes.
IMG_8144

7. When they are 100% liquid, take out of the oven. Let them cool for a couple of minutes and then place in the freezer for faster cooling or not.
IMG_8157

8. Ta-Da!
IMG_8160

XOXO-


No comments:

Post a Comment