Wednesday, November 18, 2009

big red tumble of love

It's my day off from my day job, which means I'm working around the studio, and catching up.... so much to do.  So much so, I found myself wanting a bit of adventure, and even though I have quite come to dislike sewing, I took out my machines, and well, they did not drive me bonkers with broken threads, empty spools, mish mash mess with my overlocker... it was surprisingly without incident. (I did have to change the thread though - that was almost enough to make me stop! - told you I dislike sewing).

The part about sewing that I do like is what you can achieve. I think this is what motivated me in the first place. I didn't like the sewing machines, but I loved making the dresses, cushions, etc.

I don't think I'm ready for dresses just now, but I did sew some cushions today.  This one "big red tumble of love" is quite huge. It measures almost 60cm square. Nice! Shown here with soft down insert, but I made more of these - smaller ones... I might put them in my etsy shop, but I'm not sure.... see what happens....


No comments:

Post a Comment