Saturday, February 26, 2011

The passion of knitting

I contact some canadian knitters for whom knitting is a passion and I ask them three questions.  I hope you'll find some inspiration like I did!


Gabriele from Fluur


Why do you like knitting?

Well, I did ask that myself a long time ago and found out that it relaxes me. Like kneading dough. Little repeating things.

Your best advice for a beginner?

I would recommend a non-expensive yarn and medium sized needles.

Reason: beginners usually are tense. Too big or too small needles would enhance that probably, giving the learner the feeling of frustration rather than success.

A website (or a book) you can recommend?

I learned to knit and crochet when I was 6 years old and must admit that I don't know any website for knitting nor a book.



Jacqueline from jacquelineknits
 
Why do you like knitting?

I like knitting because it gives me something to do while I watch TV or listen to music. That way, I don't feel 'guilty' if I sit in front of the TV for a couple of hours, as I've got something productive to show for it!



Your best advice for a beginner?

Best advice for beginners is to pick a small item that can be completed quickly, like a coaster or a bookmark. Forget about trying to do a scarf, as most new knitters will get frustrated with the amount of time it's taking to complete.


A website (or a book) you can recommend?

Favourite website is yarnharlot.ca.




Thank you so much for sharing!!!  I just love both of your shops!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment