Friday, February 25, 2011

colour palette ~ awol / spring in my studio...

Hello my dears... :)
Sorry for going 'awol' yesterday but I'm thinking it may become a regular occurrence over the next few weeks as I gear up for the Selvedge Spring fair. I really want to get together a wide and varied collection for it, so to achieve the mammoth amount of crocheting I have planned I'm going to have to curb my computer time for a wee while.
Of course I won't be gone completely, I'll still be here for my regular Monday and Friday posts because they're such a great part of my creative motivation. It's just that I won't have the time to trawl Etsy and Flickr for as many gorgeous finds as usual. Instead you will have to put up with the odd post of what I'm working on... ;)

 height=

So this was my view yesterday while I happily worked on a bunch of new organic pot holders. I'm loving my new shelf arrangement with lots of white and pops of bright springy colours. Yesterday it really did feel like spring for the first time, it felt a wee bit warmer than usual and the sun was shining bright. You could almost smell the newness in the air... :)

 height=  height=  height=

What better inspiration for today's colour palette that my very lovely 'springy' shelves!? I hope you love it and my wee 'Kokeshi cuties' just as much as I do... :)

Oh, and before I go off to crochet yet more pot holdering goodness I want to say a huge, nay enormous 'thank you' to every one who took the time to vote for me in the Handmade Olympics. Thanks to you all my wee garlands brought home the Gold medal for Britain ~ woo-hoo! I am completely thrilled, grateful and quite heart warmed by your generosity... :)

I do hope you all have the most wonderful weekend, whether it is 'springy' or not...
Emma, x

No comments:

Post a Comment