Friday, January 22, 2010

Everybody is Going Green

This is going to be my attempt to go green. I will probably order one of those "purdy" barrels and install a gutter diverter.  Normally, I would make my own rain collection barrel but I have this really up-tight homeowners association and nothing can be added/modified to my house/landscape with out prior approval. I know for a fact they would never approve of a food grade barrel that I would find off of Craig's List.

So, here are the best instructions I could find for DIY rain-collection barrels.  If you make one, please send me your pictures/links. You can post them on Beachbright's Facebook Page.

IMG_0005
written by david stone, illustrated by erich lage


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Lowes' Video: How To Make a Rain Barrel for Collecting Rainwater



Resources:
Recycle the Rain
Young House Love-How To

Happy Conserving!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment