Tuesday, January 26, 2010

BrisStylette Melanie takes part in World's Greatest Shave!


BrisStylette Melanie from Kimono Reincarnate is taking part in the World's Greatest Shave for the Leukaemia Foundation! Here's a little snippet from Melanie:

"When my husband was diagnosed with cancer, a rather rare form of lymphoma, in November last year, it was a shock to say the very least. I had no idea what to expect, what my role of carer was to be and how on earth I was going to manage it all with a new baby. Right from the start the Leukaemia Foundation stepped in. They offered caring advice and support, explained the treatment in much more detail than his doctor had time to do and were instantly like a new friend at our sides, one that I knew I could turn to at anytime. They continue to be there for us and have brightened up some very dark days. Through his treatment we continue to meet more people that have been helped by the Foundation in many ways including access to financial support and with accommodation for the families patients and their families.

So this year, I'm showing my passion for this cause and helping raise money by shaving off all my hair (down to a number two blade)."

You can show your support for Melanie by heading to her sponsorship page here and follow Melanie's progress on her blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment