Monday, January 24, 2011

Memory Game

Today I made a memory game using images from some of my paintings. My kids were watching over my shoulder as I was working with the images on my computer, and they kept saying, "there's a match!" every few seconds. Once it was all printed and cut out, they had a great time playing it, and collecting their own matches. There's a printout below if you want to make some too. Simply print two sheets (so there are matches), and cut them out.

To play, just put the cards face down. During each turn, a player gets to turn over two cards. If the cards match, they keep the match and get to take another turn. If they don't match, the cards are placed face down again and it's the next player's turn. If your kids are too young for that version, then just place the cards face up and let them try to find the matches. They become very proud of themselves every time they spot a match. Everyone can play! They can also fit inside a mint tin, for on the go. Perfect for restaurants and cafés. Happy matching!







Click on the image below, then print. (Make sure and print two!)

No comments:

Post a Comment