Tuesday, April 27, 2010

we bought a house

The long weekend was huge.  Jason and I bought a house! Very exciting for us! Our settlement came through on Friday, so Saturday morning, armed with a car full of all sorts of workshop like tools, paint trays, garden trimmer things, we headed off for some fix it, chop it, and sample pot paint-it time! We got back late yesterday, and I'm still trying to fit back into life as I know it.  Here are some photos.
The lounge - sample pot time. Whites are the go! But which one? We decided on the far right white.  I really miss having stark white walls, so we went the extreme luminescent white. Feature trim and feature walls (if we decide) can always come later. We already have alot of colour in our huge art collection, furniture, etc. Why make it all so complicated. If the white ends up too much, it's easy to just add another colour, hue, etc. That shelf in the fireplace is already gone, revealing what a fire place ought to look like - bricks, and a nice big hole! Taking it back to the original was fun. I love ripping things out of the wall! :)
The kitchen with possibly the cutest cupboards ever, but we are not sure whether the top ones will stay. I think they will come down, but we will keep the other ground cupboards until we decide what goes where with the longer term renovation and extension. There's another horrible box stuck in the fireplace. I ripped that out too. Took a bit of work, but wow, it already looks heaps better. I just don't understand why people have to fill up fireplaces! What's the go with that?

Our laundry floor after we ripped up three layers of lino. The newspaper dates back to 1958. The lino was fascinating. I may take some photos of all three for you - such gorgeous pattern, and a real head turning atomic mid century pattern, and one with what looked like bambi! But it needs a clean first, as they just stuck one on top of the other... Classic!
Our big gum tree... I can't tell you how much I love having this in our yard. I did not count our trees, but there are easily 20 I would say with a few on the very large size like this one. A few peach trees, a fig, natives, gums, and some unknown varieties to still try and figure out - and trim. 

The garden & tool shed. Looks too cute, but needs to be pulled down. Restoring it is going to be a bigger headache than building from scartch, but as we both love this style, the re-build will utilise as many of the materials we can, and in the same kind of look.  That's it from me for now! Got a huge amount of work today, but just had to sign in and say hi, and it's nice to have internet again and see you all! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment