Monday, March 22, 2010

Light Drawing

This morning I found this blog, Creating Daily, and saw a post, which reminded me of some light drawings I did awhile ago.  My brother-in-law showed me some photographs of Picasso doing light drawings, and I had to give it a whirl myself.  I had so much fun, I kept going until my camera battery ran out.

All you do is put your camera on a tripod in a dark or dimly lit room and take a long exposure (10 seconds or more) and quickly draw with a flashlight pointed at the camera.  It's really fun, but it can get tricky because you can't see what you're doing until your drawing is done.  Then you get the surprise on your camera.  I would imagine this would be exciting for kids too, but I haven't yet tried it with Jack and Tess.


No comments:

Post a Comment