Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bucket's & Spades

Bucket loads of crap and a couple of chairs, that is!

I had planned on posting a nice little 'before and after' upholstery number I'm doing on a couple of teak, 'Spade back' dinning chairs, BUT although I have the before, I just didn't quite get around to the after. You see the thing with kids is........

Anyway, here's a couple of before shots for your gawking pleasure.






The fabric is $14 per meter from Spotlight and comes in a few colours, off the top of my head a brick red and a rusty orange, as well as this lovely blue. The recovering is simple enough, with the seat just being screwed into the base, the difficult part for me is:

- Getting the kids to take there nap at the same time. Ada goes down, Freddy gets up etc.
- Firing a big staple gun without waking either of them up.
- Finding said staple gun.

 - and lastly - 

- door to door salespeople, of which there seem to be a great deal in my area, knocking on my door ALL THE TIME! I need neither Pay TV, nor to change my utility providers, and yet they keep coming, like flies at a picnic or ants in the bathroom or snails in the letter box. It seem's every time I get to sit down, someone want's to sell me something.

But enough of this drivel, the point I'm trying to make is, I want to re-cover these chairs, it should be simple if only I could get 5 minutes to scratch my arse and throw a few staples in a couple of dinky, mid century chairs!

to be continued..........lol

No comments:

Post a Comment