Sunday, March 28, 2010

five fave's of the week

I had so much fun last week I thought I would play along with  Pip from Meet Me At Mikes again this week, besides, some times it's good to end the week on a happy note.

So, my five favourite things from the past week are, in no particular order.

1 - Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly by Anthony Bourdain, such a pleasurable read and a real romp.

2 - Making Quince paste in the dark, This culinary adventure happened to coincide with earth hour and I have to say it was quite a heady experience. Beeswax, Quince and Chardonnay, if only I could have bottled the vapours being emitted from my kitchen last night.


3 - Stinky, creamy, blue cheese all to myself!

4 - Gladiolas, my favourite Autumn cut flower. I picked a couple of bunches from the market this morning from my flower guy.

and lastly

5 - Jamican style curried goat as prepared by Andrew, melt in your mouth Caribbean goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment