Monday, June 27, 2011

Embellishing Wellies (Rain Boots) with Ribbon

IMG_5999

Nothing would make me prouder than to tell you I have nothing better to do than embellish my rain boots but this would only be a half truth. The whole truth is that I have these really large calves and no boots in the world boots do not fit me. It's a terrible cross to bear.

So, in comes getting creative.  I found these rain boots at Walmart for ~$25, the grommets came from Hobby Lobby (buy more than you think you will need) and I had the ribbon. Any kind should work as well as a scarf, fabric strips etc. Be creative!

IMG_5958

Step 1: Cut the boot as deep as you need it. Right down the center.

Picnik collage

Step 2: Add the grommets per the instructions on the package. You might can buy more industrial grommets than the ones I bought. These little guys felt flimsy and were not the easiest to work with, hence the buy more than you think you will need.

IMG_5970

Step 3: Thread your ribbon & tie a bow.

IMG_5975

Step 4: Enjoy boots that fit over your calves & have personality!

Picnik collage

Now, if I could just get some rain!
~XOXO~

No comments:

Post a Comment