Friday, December 24, 2010

the bedroom

I'm becoming increasingly fond of sleeping in - not that I can mind you. I have this irritating thing where I wake up really early, even on days I don't have to. I'm not sure about you, but 6.30am wake up on the weekend doesn't really feel like much of a sleep in to me. Like Goldilocks, (change porridge for bed)  I could bed hop for a bit, and see which one's a perfect fit. Ha! I think the two below would be a great start. 

We have a freestanding  early 1900's cottage at our place (it would have originally been the kitchen for the house).  It's close to the house, but not joined.  Initially we thought it  would be a perfect  studio, but we've since decided it would be a much more amazing bedroom. It's very big and has the same ceiling construction (as the two above) and beautiful pale grey floorboards. But first it needs to be incorporated into the house, and joined via a proper renovation.  That part won't happen soon... but it is something to look forward to. images via pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment