Monday, October 25, 2010

colour your monday happy...

With yet more pretty aqua treats, enjoy... :)

~ image credits : 1. citychiccountrymouse, 2. such pretty things, 3. virginia-blu, 4. emilyonasunday, 5. kristenaderrick ~

Hello my sweets, how are you all today?
I'm still on a wee bit of an aqua / turquoise kick at the moment, that's why I've picked out these lovely turquoise images from 'all colours in' today for your appreciation. I just love how it can take a different feeling depending which other colours you pair it with. It looks so refreshing and vibrant when tamed with those bright, clean yellows in the top picture. But then it takes on a lovely vintage and nostalgic sense in the next three pictures when teamed with greens, pinks and reds. Of course in the last picture it looks so bold, fun and dramatic against the dark reddish wood... :)
I did wonder for a moment if it was me reading more into the story of the subject of each of these pictures instead of the colour. But when I considered them more closely their subjects aren't that much different, each one has wonderful elements of vintage crafts and patterns ~ crochet, vintage buttons, doilies and old fashioned rose patterns.
It's all about the colour combinations... and there you have my musings for this Monday afternoon... ;)

A wonderful day to you all... :)
emma
x

No comments:

Post a Comment