Sunday, August 29, 2010

what a load of hard rubbish


It's hard rubbish collection in my neighbourhood this week and the streets have been transformed into avenues  of  the unwanted, broken, chipped and irrelevant. Piles of household crap have been mounting in front of homes steadily for the last two weeks and as collection day looms the number of fossickers and scavengers reached a crescendo today as a precession of cars, utes and vans piled high with plunder meandered slowly through our streets.

I drove past this painting a couple of nights ago. I couldn't see any detail in the dark but her dress struck me as ghostly and the frame was delightfully heavy so I gave her a lift back to my house where she has taken up residence above my dresser. Half finished and rough as gut's, my husband can't stand her miserable Victorian expression, I personally want to paint a chuppa chump in her hand. The frame is quite large (60cm x 40cm) and weighs a ton. I love all the broken plaster work and the wonky mitred corners. I'm not sure if she is going to stay yet, we're still working that out...

For more flea market finds pop over and see Sophie at Her Library Adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment