Wednesday, July 22, 2009

May the Force be With You...

I needed to add some artwork to my son's room.  This is what his bedding is...thank goodness Pottery Barn came out with Star Wars sheets (the plaid is from Ralph Lauren and the Denim is Nautica)!

IMG_2167


I used this article from DIY Magazine Winter - 2007 for inspiration.
CollagePg1

CollagePg2

CollagePg3

CollagePg4

This is what I did...I needed some rather large artwork to fill a wall in my son's room. I took Max shopping at Walmart to pick out 2 posters (I think they were ~$5 each). I then went to Hobby Lobby and bought 2 canvases 50% off.  I followed the steps in the above article and got some pretty cool artwork! What I like about the posters on the canvases, is that they actually looked painted on! Cool, huh?

Starwarsposters

Views of the room...

IMG_2369

IMG_2371
(sorry for the dis-coloration of my photos...I still can't get all the "camera" stuff worked out...and don't even get me started on Photoshop!!)

Be sure to head on over to ASPL for the DIY party & giveaway!

ASPTL

XOXO-

No comments:

Post a Comment