Friday, October 30, 2009

A visitor out of the blue

Yesterday was very warm, and following the heat of the day came that sticky lifeless air.  This morning is different. It has rained, and the landscape has a beautiful clean, crisp, and invigorated quality.  All I can hear are birds.  Going about their business, alive, and energised. 

What happened next was a sweet surprise.

I was sitting here working away quietly, when I heard a rukus in the bedroom. I found Mr Mingus sitting on the floor, eyes wide open, staring at the wall. Perched on top of one of my paintings, right above the bed was a little bird. I had a second look, and sure enough I was not mad, there was a bird sitting on my painting!

It looked fabulous! Like it was supposed to be there. Nothing out of the ordinary at all.

By the time I got the camera, which was a minute or two later, the bird had freaked out and moved over to the window.  I took two photos, opened the window, and took Mr Mingus with me, shutting the door as we left. Not even ten minutes later, our little friend had gone.  So smart!

And what a lovely way to start the day.

We've been here some six years, and this is the first bird visit we've had. Special!





No comments:

Post a Comment