Friday, May 27, 2011

colour palette : retro wall flowers...

I have to say a huge thank you to the lovely Ez, of Creature Comforts, for introducing me to a fabulous Danish shop called Retro Villa. As soon as Ez blogged about this wee shop and it's stunning collection of vintage wallpaper samples I was completely smitten with the endless inspiration, pattern and colour. Just as I was when I read the story of the shop owner Mette Helena Rasmussen and how she came about the collection of vintage wallpaper that kick started her lovely shop... it's like a fairytale for those of us who are always on the hunt for that next fabulous vintage find!

So for today's colour palette inspiration I have picked out just four of those fabulous wallpaper samples. I feel the need for some warm and sunny colours today so I've chosen these stylised retro florals in typical seventies orange, yellow and brown... enjoy!

 height=

All images: Retro Villa

Oh, and I need to ask you all a wee favour... Can you cross your fingers for me in the hope that when the wee man comes to look at my boiler tomorrow he will be able to fix it this time and we can have hot-water again!? Pretty please... :)

Wishing you all a broken boiler free weekend,
Emma, x

No comments:

Post a Comment