Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My week in pictures...

...first of all a huge thank you to my lovely friend Monda for such a lovely and thoughtful gift, it really helped cheer me up after a duff couple of weeks :)

...the pile of yummy new fabrics i picked up last week. lots of white, cream and yellow inspired by my last treasury, and a lovely dose of fresh spring greens. hopefully soon i'll be able to cut into them and make something pretty :)

...a cute pic of spanner from the weekend, it was such a warm and sunny day on saturday so we had a sushi lunch in the park as part of my birthday celebrations, 31 already!
...i got an unexpected birthday surprise from the ever so sweet Katie, of The Constant Gatherer, as she put together a lovely post about my granny cushions and embroidered cards. i've been following Katie's blog for a while now and i'm always in awe of the talented artists she blogs about, if you haven't already i highly recommend you pop over for a visit :)

...i've finished off a couple of knitting projects, including this gorgeous lace Ishbel scarf, designed by Ysolda Teague...

...i started an epic crochet project, a granny blanket that i think will need about 400 of these little hexagons! i know some of you will be reeling in horror when i tell you i'm using 100% pure acrylic yarn to make it, but it has practical reasons - i need it to be big enough for a king size bed, fairly lightweight, machine washable and quick to dry... 'no excuse' i hear you cry... ;)

...i helped out fellow blogger Beaky by testing her Sir Lucas - Knight hat pattern, but because i used black yarn it looks a bit more like darth vader's helmet!

...and today i found myself at my desk. i pulled out lots of my favourite bits 'n' bobs and pottered away on a couple of ideas, one of which i've been meaning to make for myself for a wee while. i'll be sure to post a pic once it's finished :)

...well, i think that just about sums up my week. tomorrow i have another appointment at the eye hospital, my eye is feeling better this week and hopefully they will confirm that things have improved and i can start reducing the use of the eye drops... fingers crossed :)

emma
x

No comments:

Post a Comment