Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Busy creating...

...i completely forgot about posting for 'my creative space' last week, too busy with the actual creating. so to make up for it i'm doing this weeks post today, instead of a thursday or friday. i've mostly been busy with more of the little swimsuit designs, this time some bright, tropical, tie-dye florals. i'm thinking of adding ribbon straps and little bows on the hips before sending them off tomorrow...

...image deleted...

...lately, a few people have been asking me if i find it difficult working on such cheery designs in the middle of winter... well, i used to, until i realised that i needed to change my work space to suit the mood of whichever season i was working on. so at the beginning of the spring / summer season i pull out everything that's bright and cheery - fabrics, threads, buttons, beads, sequins, ribbons, etc and put it all on my desk and shelves in front of me. my whole workspace becomes one giant mood board filled with pattern and colour. then i pull out a pile of reference material and start designing, there's no time for sampling or testing ideas i just have to get on with it. once i've got a couple of groups under my belt then my head is in the right place for the season and ideas seem to flow quite nicely :)

...

...i've also been wanting to tell you about these delicious chocolates my man bought for me at the weekend...

...little chocolate leaves by hachez, 88% cocoa and utterly delicious, and what's great is that they come in this really cute little tin with a sliding lid...

...yummy...

emma
x

No comments:

Post a Comment