Friday, January 15, 2010

DIY Organization: Magazine Holders

Again, my peeps. I am not that smart. I don't sit around and miraculously craft things into existence. However, I do spend a lot of time on the computer, just ask my butt. This blogger is smarter.

Here is a great way to organize your magazines and books.

IMG_9313

Supplies Needed:
Ruler
Straight Edge
Fabric or Thick Paper (don’t use wrapping paper like I did - FAIL)
Mailing Box
Glue

This is a super easy way to organize books and magazines. I used a USPS priority mailing box. I highly recommend using a thick paper or even better would be fabric for this project. You need something durable that can withstand being moved on and off shelves and a material that will not wrinkle when glued. You could also use Capri-Sun boxes or any other thick box.

Step 1:
Take your box and measure 6” on one side and 12” on the opposite side. Make sure your measurement will fit on your shelf. Draw a straight line from the 6” measurement to the 12” measurement and cut out.

IMG_9304

IMG_9307

Step 2:
Measure your covering source (paper or fabric) and wrap like a present, gluing at all critical areas. I am going to try to spray paint some this weekend and maybe paint little chalk-board squares for labels. I'll update my blog if they work.

IMG_9308

Ta-Da! Recycled organization for all your notebooks, magazines and books! If you attempt this project, I’d love to see your creativity. Please go to Beachbrights Fan Page on Facebook and upload your finished product images. I can’t wait to see what some of you talented peeps come up with...Inspire Me!!

XOXO-












copyright 2009

HomeSpun-Threads
for
Thrifty Decor Chick


DIY Day @ ASPTL


No comments:

Post a Comment