Tuesday, March 18, 2008

7 things you'd never guess about me

I got tagged by Sol for a meme "7 things about me you'd not likely guess".

Here goes:

1. When I was in elementary school, I wanted to become a nurse (probably because my mom was one).

2. When in middle school, I wanted to become an elementary school teacher. I was pretty sure I'd do that. Math was NOWHERE in my mind. I didn't mind math but I didn't think of it as anything especially interesting either. In fact, I wouldn't have chosen math had it not been for some coincidences...

3. One happened in 9th grade. One of the math teachers (who didn't teach me) saw my score in the national 9th grade math competition, and persuaded me to choose the longer math course for high school... Originally I was going to go with the short math, no physics, and two languages. So I changed the shorter math course to the long one.

4. Another strange coincidence: when high school started (10th grade), the first day of school I was told they had accidentally put me in the wrong class... that because I had the longer math course without physics, that I'd belong to the group "B" and would have to change OR take physics. My friends were in the group "A" so I didn't want to go to group "B". So I chose physics and dropped one foreign language. So this is how I "ended up", as if by accidents, with the right background (physics and math) in the high school to be able to study math in the uni.

5. My math teacher in 10th grade (1st year of high school) was really nice and good and kept talking how there is going to be a lack of math teachers in years to come. During that year I figured I would study math after high school.

6. I almost became a piano teacher as well, because I was studying it half-time alongside math. But one sunny morning it was as if something went to my ears and I couldn't stand any loud noises at all, surely not my own banging of a grand piano in a small room. The doctors never found anything and suspected some kind of an infection went to my ears from a cold I had had two months previous. To this day, it is a mystery what exactly happened but it "killed" my piano teacher career.

7. All through my growing up and schooling, I always thought I'd work for the school system. My dad worked for the postal system, my mom was a nurse, all my friends parents worked for someone else... Thus, it NEVER crossed my mind I would become an entrepreneur, independent of the "systems". But here I am, doing just that.

If you have a blog and like this meme, consider yourself tagged!

No comments:

Post a Comment